Wednesday, June 17, 2015

EMG Nerve Study

After several months, I made a visit to my neurologist for a long awaited nerve study. My left arm goes numb and tingles from my shoulder to the tips of my fingers.  So as you can imagine I'm very ready for some answers.  I was really unsure of what to expect. When I walked into the exam room this archaic device is what caught my attention.


The Dr. starts off by making several measurements on my fingers, wrist and arm. Then using little electrodes, the DR. sends electricity through the nerves in the arm. The EMG machine then makes all the necessary measurements.  From there a needle EMG, a needle electrode inserted directly into a muscle records the electrical activity in that muscle.
I think the Dr might have thought I was crazy because every time he'd send a jolt of energy through the electrodes, I laughed.  It's not that it didn't hurt. It's that it actually tickled as well. Even though I won't  get results from this test for a few days. I happy knowing that I'll have more answers soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you are getting everything checked out and soon you will have answers to your questions of what is going on inside of your body! I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete

"; var bs_pinButtonPos = "center"; var bs_pinPrefix = ""; var bs_pinSuffix = "";