Saturday, June 27, 2015

We're Building a Pool {PART3}


-Friday, June 26th-

GUNITE DAY!


6:30 AM and the gunite was flowing.  I think this way was one of the more interesting to watch.
 There's a GIANT  straw that shoots the concrete into every nook and cranny in order to make the pool solid.




The girls enjoyed watching from one of the usual look outs upstairs.




These guys have to be strong.  This thing shook  like crazy!



 It's meticulous. As one man shoots the gunite into the frame, another comes behind him and sculpts into what will be the final form.
It's dirty and beautiful.  I can't believe we're seeing so much progress so fast.  In the morning it looked like a mud pit with a bunch  or rebar.  By the end of the day  it looked like everything I  had drawn on paper. The amazing thing?  I didn't draw this till after I met with Gary.  He took what was in my mind and made it real.

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Boy the are moving right along, it won't be long before you have water going in! I'm excited for all of you! Carina I remember you watching as they were building our pool in Haggin Oaks but you may have been to young to remember watching it and I didn't get any pictures. You have room for them to put the decking all the way around the pool then they can put the planter behind the decking on the back side. I think you will be happy if you do that when it comes to brushing it down! No matter what kind of cleaner you have you still have to brush down the sides at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of work, but the details in the design are superb. The pool’s curved exterior and the hot tub basin are quite unique. This is going to look so beautiful. Please update photos of the completed project! My husband and I are considering building a pool in our backyard; these photos are so inspiring to us!

    ReplyDelete

"; var bs_pinButtonPos = "center"; var bs_pinPrefix = ""; var bs_pinSuffix = "";